What’s it like working at Tangle?
32-hour work week
Because life is short, and so are weekends.
Fully remote work
Live the life you want, where you want.
100% coverage for you, day one.
401k, with 6% match
You can bank on our support.
Flexible leave and a team-wide focus on mental health.
Home office stipend
Is that kitchen chair giving you back pain? Let us help.
Find where you fit in!
Tell me more about working at Tangle!
We’re prototyping remote culture as well as cool new tech so it’s worth talking about how we operate and what kind of studio we are. We’re a team of games industry and app development veterans who’ve spent a lot of time in *weird new tech* so our brains are often geared around natural human interaction with technology. We think about how people want to use technology and making sure we meet them there, and not making people contort themselves to the tech (and hopefully delighting them in the process)!
And humans must include everyone. Accessibility and inclusion is intrinsic to our designs in order to provide an experience that is easy and joyful.
So though our team is small, we include a wide range of humans, including various genders, sexualities, upbringings, and beliefs/creeds. We are, however, predominately ethnically homogeneous. This is part of a systemic problem within the technology industry, but also something that we are complicit in. Many of us have personally benefited from the system, though it quite tangibly makes our company and our products weaker. We fundamentally believe that easy joyful experiences that are truly built for everyone cannot be made without a team of diverse humans bringing their own unique experiences, backgrounds, lives, and energy to what we’re making.
Internally, we take steps to work with external specialists to address our own biases. Externally, we share resources, information, and learnings freely and publicly to try and provide assistance to those who have less access to them due to the systemic and institutional discrimination that occurs in this industry. We consider this work to be fundamental to the company, and provides resources to employees who take this on.
It is important for us to communicate this to anyone who is considering working with us, because this philosophy of diversity and inclusion is something that is very important to our company, but is also an area in which we need to do work and make improvements.
We all work from home/work from anywhere! Tangle was founded on the premise that people should be able to live the life they want, where they want. However, we are also deep and frequent collaborators, so we’ve created a structure that accommodates both these things!
- Our team hangs out in similar time zones (EDT to PDT / Americas) which ensures we overlap with each other’s work schedules.
- We have a few core hours Monday through Thursday that we all hang out for, and then allow broad flexibility outside of those hours.
- Whenever we are at work, we also log on to a video chat software to simulate the office.
- Though cameras are usually off, we do turn them on for active discussions, meetings, and brainstorming.
- And in non-COVID-times, we have multiple physical gatherings a year, in various locations across the time zones to make sure everyone gets a chance to travel (or not).
We’re an emotionally communicative team. We are deeply mindful and considerate of each other, as well as our own boundaries and needs. Work should be a place we feel safe to dive deep into creativity and cool problem solving and that requires team trust. And bonus— it makes our jokes better and more insightful!
We’re all tech industry veterans who have had our share of toxic, hurtful workplaces and have strived hard to build a place of healing, growth, and creativity in spite of those experiences. We believe it’s possible –and crucial- to treat each other with humanity and kindness while still making great products.
Hanging out with us, you can expect normalization around concepts like:
- Mindful recall and attribution of others’ contributions in conversations
- Productivity not being the end-all-be-all of metrics
- Speaking openly about mental health and encouraging rest days
- Company financial assistance with gear to help any physical accommodations needed
- Asking questions about topics you’re unsure of without being shamed for it
- Always learning and developing our own culture to be EVEN BETTER
- 32 hour work weeks and cultivating a culture that discourages overwork
- And that, of course, means no crunch, ever.
- And more!
We’d love to share this with you, so let’s talk! We have job postings above, but even if you don’t see an exact match to your skillset, feel free to send us an email introducing yourself!
If you meet most of the criteria for the job listing, we still want to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent and growing/training our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time with great humans. Also, if your industry calls the stated role something else, that’s ok too!
Tangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to celebrating diversity and providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexuality, pregnancy, age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any protected status in accordance with applicable law. We do not do background checks and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.